Clearance Level: Top Secret with SCI and eligibility
Education: Some College
Location: San Antonio, TX
Travel: 0 - 10%
We are seeking a Lead Test Engineer to support our team in San Antonio, TX. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Leads teams of Agile Test Engineers matrix-ed across multiple cross functional software development and engineering and architecture teams
- Performs Agile testing in support of Software Development within SAFe and DevSecOps software development environments following Scrum practices
- Coaches and trains less experienced test engineers and other team members in agile testing best practices
- Contributes to a cross-functional software development teams through internal and external testing
- Devises Agile testing plans, methods, and equipment to assure reliability of product in conjunction with product design and specifications.
- Leads Planning and arranging the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Works with Test Automation Engineers to automate functional and regression testing
- Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
- Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing environment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
- Consults with the System Engineering, development, external testing teams, and/or system operators to coordinate and test applications.
- Performs analysis, diagnostics, and preliminary evaluations of products.
- Evaluates developer testing and provides recommendations to improve unit and integration testing
- Develops test plans, design descriptions, scripts, scenarios, functional tests, regression tests, and deployment tests.
- Implements the testing processes and ensures all test activities follow those processes.
- Performs hands on software testing in accordance with testing processes
- Produces reports on each test activity and tracks test metrics.
- Monitors for continual test process improvement through failure analysis, throughput analysis, yield analysis, and reports to management periodically
- Develops program testing strategies and coordinates with developmental and operational test organizations as a member of program's Integrated Test Team (ITT)
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or relavent field with 8 years experieice, or Masters degree and 6 years experience.
- Active Secret ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
- Experience testing network or computer security monitoring systems
- Experience testing Linux (RHEL) based systems
- Experience testing systems utilizing SQL and non-SQL databases such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch (ELK), and mySQL
- Experience with UI/UX, API, QA, regression, functional and non-functional testing
- Experience writing Test Plans, Test Design Descriptions, Test Reports and Deficiency Reports
- Ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative
- Confidence and knowledge to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results for multiple teams
- Experience integrating test into CI/CD Pipeline using GitLabs, Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and Zephyr
- Experience performing Test Automation
- Experience coordinating with independent testing organizations (Air Force Developmental and Operational test organizations)
- Experience working with a variety of software engineers, application developers, other engineering disciplines ans stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Helm or other Micro-Service related technologies
- Working knowledge of Python, Angular,
- ISTQB Advance Technical Test Analyst certification or Agile testing related certification
- Experience with SAFe and Scrum
- Certifications: ISTQB CTFL certification required within 6 months
- 8570/8140 IAT Level II certification required withing 6 months