San Antonio, TX · Information Technology
Clearance Level: Active Top Secret clearance with TS/SCI Eligibility
Education: Bachelors with 10-12 years of experience, or equivalent work experience
Location: San Antonio, TX US (Primary)
Travel: 0 - 10%
AMS Technologies has a great career opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer SME to deliver network architecture support to develop conceptual and detailed system designs for network technology enhancements and capability enablement initiatives.
The candidate will support requirements analysis, solution development that includes preliminary and detailed designs, initial system integration, system testing and deployment engineering for a high priority engineering initiative.
The member may also be responsible for integrating hardware for testing, developing, and testing proposed solutions, establishing, and validating design, completing site surveys to validate the design before development, supporting deployments as needed, and developing documentation related to the design to meet standard engineering life cycle management requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical solutions and expertise in network engineering, management, administration, and infrastructure design on Enterprise and regionalized networks. Submit Technical Solution for requirements based on the complexity as determined by the COR. Provide technical reports including white papers, technical solutions, and tech working group (TWG). Technical solutions shall include, but are not limited to, coper and fiber into a diverse architecture for all existing and new AF customers. The Technical Solution shall consist of type and quantity of hardware components and the configuration required for network integration.
- Develop test plans for AF BluSCI network hardware and software solutions. Test plans shall include: (a) AF Enterprise test procedures, (b) integration test procedures (from lab environment to production environment), (c) identifying bandwidth and throughput shortfalls, and (d) pass and fail criteria. Identify all findings and required mitigation actions; with failed tests, identify multiple courses of action (COA).
- Contribute to the design, configuration, and support of Enterprise solutions and manage the configuration and support of the AF BluSCI solutions for backup, disaster recovery, storage area network/network attached storage/directly attached storage (SAN/NAS/DAS).
- Provide support and guidance to ensure AF network and configuration management policies are followed.
- Prototype network solutions and cost models to examine cost benefit analysis of adopting alternate vendors, technologies, equipment, and management processes.
- Correlate disparate data sources from external and internal sources to show a more complete picture of network behavior, and capacity, at the node (site), organizational unit (field office), or network (BLACKNet, DCSN, VoiceNet, etc.) level.
- Understand and implement routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and ISIS.
- Maintain applications and databases that support telecom and network business processes.
- Work with other government and contract employees to implement recommendations.
- Create network diagrams that show the physical and logical layout of the network using Microsoft Visio or equivalent applications.
- Active Top-Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree 8-10 years of relevant networking experience or HS degree and 10-12 years of relevant networking experience.
- Provides technical leadership and in-depth analysis in the following areas:
- Network Architecture
- Network interoperability, network interfaces and network protocols.
- Transport technology
- Network testing
- Prototyping and development of network solutions.
- Able to work independently on specific tasks associated with one or more knowledge areas defined above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DoD/DIA Network Engineering Policies
- DoD/DIA Network Enterprise Solutions Development
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching required.