Clearance Level: DoD Top Secret
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE TOP-SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
AMS Technologies is seeking to recruit a Principal Network Security Engineer to support our team in Quantico, VA. The candidate will work alongside network, wireless and wired, infrastructure engineering colleagues. The future Principal Network Design Engineer is responsible for assisting with the modernization of the FBI’s Enterprise networks. The modernization will leverage new SD-WAN technology to improve efficiency, automation, and the ability to leverage various WAN connectivity options (e.g. MPLS, Broadband, 4G/5G, etc.), which includes campus, networks, and governance CONOPS and O&M plans.
- Development, design, test, and implement the Lab and Proof of Concept (POC) for the Cisco Viptela SDWAN architecture
- Conduct network planning, design, and initial implementation of new network project initiatives.
- Part of network engineering team to validate network design as per customer specifications including circuit protection, transport network selection, and interworking across networks
- Lead the development, and design of the following:
- Encryption Design, and Policy
- DIA Policy
- Security Policy
- Transport VPN & Service VPN Security Controls
- Orchestrator Security Controls
- Security Template Creation and validation
- Taclane design implementation in coordination with SDWAN transport equipment
- Provide Tier 3 technical support for diagnosing/resolving network related issues that occur during the implementation of those networks
- Provide engineering/deployment support during the implementation and turn up of new network nodes and related connections
- Must have an Active Top-Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI
- Minimum of 15 years of telecommunications experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Core network services connectivity and integration experience
- BS/BA or equivalent experience or subject matter expertise in the service being provided
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Extensive experience with Cisco routing platforms, such as Aggregation Services Routers (ASRs), and Integrated Service Routers (ISRs)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and technologies including BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN, GRE
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Layer 2 technologies including STP, MST, VLANS
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and troubleshooting complex Local Area Networking (LAN) issues and resolving Wide Area Networking (WAN) problems and implementing, integrating, and supporting of cost-effective, high-performance IP and LAN/WAN solutions.
- Experience providing Tier 3 support and issue resolution
- Experience with network design and traffic engineering
- Experience providing senior-level engineering support and subject matter expertise
- Large enterprise environment experience
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and work experience with Cisco Viptela SD-WAN technology.
- Experience with creation of SD-WAN configuration templates, Security policy templates, App-Route Policy templates
- Experience designing and building Cisco VManage, VBond, and VSmart controllers.
- Working knowledge of OMP, TLOC routing protocols
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership and training to lower-level network engineers.
- Experience in network engineering within the federal intelligence community
- Ability to adhere to a disciplined troubleshooting methodology, and ensure task/mission completion, along with creating and maintaining necessary information
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to detail
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment