Clearance Level: DoD Top Secret
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE TOP-SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
AMS Technologies is seeking to fill a Principal Network Design Engineer to support our team in Quantico, VA. The candidate will work alongside network, wireless and wired, infrastructure engineering colleagues. The future Principal Network Design Engineer is responsible for assisting with the modernization of the FBI’s Enterprise networks. The modernization will leverage new SD-WAN technology to improve efficiency, automation, and the ability to leverage various WAN connectivity options (e.g. MPLS, Broadband, 4G/5G, etc.), which includes campus, networks and governance CONOPS and O&M plans.
- Development, design, test, and implement the Lab and Proof of Concept (POC) for the Cisco Viptela SDWAN architecture
- Conduct network planning, design, and initial implementation of new network project initiatives
- Coordination with team to procure the proper WAN circuit for the POC
- Coordinate with local site, Network Engineers, ETs and TMs to coordinate installation and technician access
- Responsible for configuration of the monitoring tools to incorporate WAN circuits into management tools for continuous monitoring
- Part of network engineering team to validate network design as per customer specifications including circuit protection, transport network selection, and interworking across networks
- Provide engineering/deployment support during the implementation and turn up of new network nodes and related connections
- Partner with the information security personnel to assess potential exposure to vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans, and ensure compliance with enterprise security baselines and standards
- Evaluate modern technologies to optimize network efficiency and review/provide recommendations to improve the network
- Inform management in a clear, concise, and timely manner of any customer or technical issues
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting architecture as customer requirements and technology evolves
- Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and overviews
- Must have an Active Top-Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI
- Minimum of 10 years of telecommunications experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Core network services connectivity and integration experience
- BS/BA or equivalent experience or subject matter expertise in the service being provided
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience and knowledge of WAN circuit provisioning, deployment, and installation.
- Extensive experience with Cisco routing platforms, such as Aggregation Services Routers (ASRs), and Integrated Service Routers (ISRs)
- Demonstrated knowledge of routing protocols and technologies including BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN, GRE
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Layer 2 technologies including STP, MST, VLANS
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and troubleshooting complex Local Area Networking (LAN) issues and resolving Wide Area Networking (WAN) problems and implementing, integrating, and supporting cost-effective, high-performance IP and LAN/WAN solutions.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and work experience with Cisco Viptela SD-WAN technology.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership and training to lower-level network engineers.
- Experience in network engineering within the federal intelligence community
- Ability to adhere to a disciplined troubleshooting methodology, and ensure task/mission completion, along with creating and maintaining records and documentation of work efforts
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to detail
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience managing projects utilizing the SAFe Agile project management methodology
- Comprehensive knowledge of the FBI, CNSS, DOJ, NIST and other Federal standards, guidelines, and policies