Clearance Level: Secret
Education: High School
Location: Lackland Air Force Base - San Antonio, TX US (Primary)
Travel: 0 - 10%
AMS Technologies requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the vaccine mandate set forth in Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidelines. Exceptions to the vaccine mandate are permitted in limited circumstances where the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. AMS will consider requests for medical or religious accommodations to the vaccine mandate during the recruiting process.
We are seeking an Application Programmer III to support a large Air Force IT enterprise Cyber Weapons System Program.
- Engineers and implements software solutions by developing new code and integrating Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), Commercial of the Shelf Software (COTS), and Government of the Shelf Software (GOTS)
- Leads multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software, for host based and network sensors and data analysis platforms
- Collaborates with system operators, system maintainers, engineers, application programmers, Product Owners, configuration managers, technical writers, and other stakeholders to mature requirements
- Writes, updates, and maintains computer programs, software packages, and user documentation
- Develops computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information
- Develops software for collecting and analyzing data from remote network sensors and host based security tools
- Utilizes stakeholder feedback and system testing to obtain information on system capabilities and limitations
- Leads development and incorporation of unit and integration tests into a CI/CD pipeline to validate software quality
- Works in parallel and support QA/testing as needed
- Works as part of a cross-functional teams that follows Scrum Agile practices
- Active Secret clearance.
- Bachelors with 8-10 years of experienct or High School with 10-15 years’ experience.
- Software developing (programing) Experience
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Experience
- GIT Experience
- Experience with databases and servers: Apache, MongoDB, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, SQL
- Understand Networking Principles (TCP/IP)
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarization with Bitbucket, Jira, SonarQube, GitLab, Nexus, Bro/Zeek, Suricata, and Moloch
- DevSecOps Experience
- 8570/8140 compliant: IAT II (required within 6 months)