Clearance Level: DoD Top Secret
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE TOP-SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
AMS Technologies is seeking to fill a Senior Network Engineer to support our team in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will be part of a Network Engineering team for our Federal customer, providing Network Engineering support services for a network infrastructure consisting of unclassified, classified, and top-secret networks. The team ensures the availability of a reliable/robust network transport infrastructure that provides data protection for information delivered across strategic, operational, and tactical boundaries.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Network Engineers providing high-level network engineering and network transport integration support services for network development/design, defining the network architecture, network transport technology testing and evaluation, and network implementation/integration of new IT services or modifications of existing services for all network transport enclaves.
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology related field (BS/BA) and 5 year’s equivalent experience or subject matter expertise in network engineering
- 5 years of relevant information technology/telecom network experience in classified and unclassified DOJ, DoD, and/or other Intelligence Community environments
- Provide deliverables to include network architecture and engineering designs for the enterprise network transport infrastructure across multiple security enclaves.
- Provide deliverables to include network engineering program support for enterprise projects and assignments.
- Deliver innovative solutions to align with current network infrastructure through technological innovations and industry-standard best practices via documentation, metrics, and performance analytics.
- Direct the technical integration initiatives of a team of network engineers responsible for routers, switches, optical networking, firewalls, load balancing in virtual and Cloud environments.
- Plan the implementation of network transport solutions with a focus on defining the technical specifications of the plans. Provide technical consultation to project management teams responsible for the implementation of plans developed.
- Provide technical network engineering expertise to integrate native cloud infrastructure with IC Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) capabilities (including contract cloud services), and the delivery and management of Government-specific IaaS to users to provision processing, storage, networks.
- Develop and contribute network engineering change input for new architecture to the operational environment on both unclassified and classified networks. Tasks include developing network designs and diagrams for the configuration of network equipment (such as routers and switches) and related software, primarily in a Cisco-based environment.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of technical documents including requirements analyses, design documents, manuals, fielding documents, and preparing contract deliverables and reports; assisting in the preparation of presentation graphics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of network engineers
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Network Transport Routers and Switches and Identity Service Engine (ISE) appliances, Network Firewalls, Type 1 encryptors, WAN optimization devices, Load Balancers, HP, TACLANES, Remedy ITSM technologies, and VMware
- Knowledge of Agile management practices
- Experience supporting a large enterprise environment
- Network certifications such as CCNA, CCNP.