Clearance Level: DoD Top Secret
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE TOP-SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
AMS Technologies is seeking a Senior Network Engineer, Router/Switch/Cloud Subject Matter Expert to support our team in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will be part of a Network Engineering team for our Federal customer and will provide Senior Network Engineering with Router, Switch, and Cloud Subject Matter Expertise for a large Cisco enterprise environment, which consists of unclassified, classified, and top-secret networks. The team ensures the availability of a reliable/robust network transport infrastructure that provides data protection for information delivered across strategic, operational, and tactical boundaries.
The candidate will be responsible for providing operational & technical support for the network transport infrastructure to include, but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, satellite network equipment, encryption devices, virtual network devices, and appliances that are used for network implementations that involve enhancements and modifications to the network transport infrastructure and new IT services or modifications of existing services for all network transport enclaves.
- Provide support for a large Cisco router and switch enterprise environment.
- Management and administration of all routers, firewalls, load balancers, Type-1 encryptors, and switches used to provide connectivity and communication necessary for all enterprise users to access enterprise services/systems needed to perform their duties.
- Provide Tier 3 Network engineering expertise for support of layer 2 and layer 3 network devices to include Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and optical network nodes preparation, installation, and configuration of network equipment and related software, primarily in Cisco-based environment.
- Provide options for interfaces between the cloud provider(s) and consumers to utilize and manage the on-demand self-service and expected elasticity with the ability to forecast accurately and take advantage of the elasticity of the cloud.
- Provide support to integrate native cloud infrastructure with IC Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) capabilities (including contract cloud services), and the delivery and management of Government-specific IaaS to the users to provision processing, storage, networks, and other fundamental computing resources where the user is able to deploy and run mission-specific software, including operating systems and applications.
- Introduce changes and/or new architecture to the operational environment on both unclassified and classified networks. Tasks include preparation, installation, and configuration of network equipment and related software, primarily in a Cisco-based environment.
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting to resolve network issues;
- Direct the technical integration initiatives of a team of network engineers responsible for routers, switches, optical networking, firewalls, load balancing in virtual and Cloud environments.
- Plan the implementation of network transport solutions with a focus on defining the technical specifications of the plans. Provide technical consultation to project management teams responsible for the implementation of plans developed.
- Provide network engineering expertise to integrate native cloud infrastructure with IC Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) capabilities (including contract cloud services), and the delivery and management of Government-specific IaaS to users to provision processing, storage, networks.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of technical documents including requirements analyses, design documents, manuals, fielding documents, and preparing contract deliverables and reports; assisting in the preparation of presentation graphics.
- Oversee the designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining of applications, tools, services, and other software in order to improve business and mission capabilities and improve application effectiveness.
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field and 9 year’s equivalent experience or subject matter expertise in network engineering
- Network certifications such as CCNA, CCNP,
- 9 years of relevant information technology/telecom network experience in classified and unclassified (DOD and/or Intelligence Community environments preferred)
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Network Firewalls, Type 1 encryptors, WAN optimization devices, Load Balancers, HP, TACLANES, Remedy ITSM technologies, and VMware
- CCIE, JNCIE
- Knowledge of Agile management practices
- Experience supporting a large enterprise environment