Job Locations: US-IL-Scott Air Force Base
We are seeking a Systems Administrator lll to support the DAN's team at Scott, AFB. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
Type: Regular Full-Time
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
- Support and sustain Air Force Cyber Vulnerability Assessment / Hunter Weapon System; PMO-supported baselines implementing approved configuration changes
- Manages and operates multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers and Local Communications Agencies
- Develops, implements, and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, virtual assets, hardware/software clients
- Able to manage multiple ticketing solutions and response times to maintain operating efficiency
- Identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network or system performance
- Work with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, troubleshooting, optimization and ongoing maintenance/management
- Test / validate deployment of security patches and software upgrades, non-disruptive whenever possible, in a lab environment, then prepare detailed instructions for operations to perform those activities in production.
- Performs systems administration functions, including creating computer accounts using Directory Resource Administer (DRA) or Active Directory.
- Manages and implements unclassified and classified administrator accounts, maintaining Weapons System hardware documentation/tracking, tuning system performance, and installing system wide software.
- Directly interacts with Weapon System community / users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery assistance.
- Significant experience with and frequent use and application of Air Force technical and security standards, principles and theories.
- Implement/track Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMI) and reporting on all PMO-provided equipment
- Works under little to no supervision, providing solutions to high-level technical problems of system-wide scope/complexity and operates within an approved Authority To Operate (ATO) environment.
- Active TS/SCI Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (1-2 years) or Associate degree or equivalent experience (3-5 years)
- 5-10 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network administration, including 2 years of specialized experience
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner(CASP+)
- DoD 8140.01 Compliant: IAT III
- Duty Location: Scott AFB, IL, 10 % travel requirement