Job Locations: US-TX-San Antonio
Type: Regular Full-Time
Clearance: Secret w/ SCI Eligibility
Telework Option: Yes
Telework Schedule: Ad-Hoc
AMS is seeking a Range Technician to support the team in San Antonio, TX. The Range Technician will be responsible for monitoring, analyze, and detect Cyber events and network incidents within Range information systems and networks under general supervision.
What success looks like in this role:
- Must have an understanding and ability to produce replication of user-based activities (opening email, moving files, opening folders, etc,) to simulate activity on the Range.
- Assist with integrated, dynamic Cyber defense, coordinate, and maintain security toolsets to support organizations’ continuous monitoring and ongoing authorization programs, establish a framework by which cyber risk can be measured and quantified in the marketplace.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates. Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and integration of a DoD IA architectures, systems, or system components for use within computing, network, and enclave environments.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of development and operational systems are functional and secure. This includes designs for program of record systems and special purpose processing nodes with platform IT interconnectivity.
- Test and implement complex VMWare environments to include creating datacenters, clusters, distributed switches, configuring HA and FT, and vSAN.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in vCenter / ESXi with minimal downtime to customer.
- Update architectural documentation and drawings.
- Bachelors with 5-7 years of experience, or Masters and 6-8 years of experience. At least 5 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network administration, including 2 years of specialized experience.
- Strong understanding of VMWare and all associated tools / features (i.e., vSAN, HA, FT, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows domain environment and administration (i.e., Domain Controllers, Certificate Authorities, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Experience operating a test range environment
- Experience with VMWare (vSphere, ESXi, vCenter)
- Experience with Linux (RHEL and Ubuntu) and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Experience with TCP/IP
- Experience implementing, and managing VPNs, and firewalls
- Experience implementing, and testing networking solutions on hardware and software defined networking solutions
- Experience working with stakeholders to analyze range requirements
- Experience applying NIST standards and STIGs to secure network configurations
- Familiarization with implementing network solutions for cloud and hybrid applications
- Familiarization with implementing system solutions
- Familiar with out-of-band management for network devices and servers
- Clearance: Secret with SCI Eligibility
- Certification 8570/8140 IAT II (required within 6 months)
- Other duties as assigned