Clearance Level: Public Trust with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
Education: High School Diploma with relevant experience
Location: San Antonio, TX
Travel: 0 - 10%
Implements software solutions by developing new code and integrating Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), Commercial of the Shelf Software (COTS), and Government of the Shelf Software (GOTS). Leads multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software for host based and network sensors and data analysis platforms. Collaborates with system operators, system maintainers, engineers, application programmers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to mature requirements. Leads development and incorporation of unit and integration tests into a CI/CD pipeline to validate software quality. Utilizes stakeholder feedback and system testing to obtain information on system capabilities and limitations. Works as part of a cross-functional teams that follows Scrum Agile practices.
Duties may include the following:
- Full Stack Application Development and re-engineering efforts, including making system design decisions
- Analyze operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high-performance data processing systems.
- Research, design and develop automation method to support the platform provisioning, maintenance and operations of a large-scale products and services.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Perform process and data modeling in support of planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools.
- Perform application integration and troubleshooting for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications on premise for cloud ready services.
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing platforms
- Design, code, debug, test software (unit, integration, and functional) and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services and underlying software infrastructure.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team members to enable Agile QA, developmental and operational testing, system documentation, and training development.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Participating in Agile Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise (SAFe) ceremonies and meetings
- Experience with software developing (programing)
- Experience with DevSecOps System Development Life-cycle (SDLC) as well as Continuous Interrogation/Continuous Development (CI/CD) practices and principals for software development
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration, management, and provisioning solution (Ansible)
- Experience with GIT
- Experience: with two or more programming/scripting Languages or technologies:
- Experience in applying security controls and best practices for system architectures, software development, and network security
- Experience with Agile Scrum practices
- Familiar with databases and servers: Apache, MongoDB, NoSQL, Elasticsearch (ELK), SQL
- Understand Networking Principles (TCP/IP)
- 8570/8140 compliant: IAT II
- NACI with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI