Clearance Level: Top Secret with SCI eligibility
Education: Minimum High School Diploma with required experience
Location: Washington, DC
Travel: 0 - 10%
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer, Router/Switch/Optical Subject Matter Expert with work location in Washington, DC. The candidate will be part of a Network Engineering team for our Federal customer, providing Senior Network Engineering with Router, Switch and Optical Subject Matter Expertise for a large Cisco enterprise environment which consists of unclassified, classified, and top-secret networks. The team ensures the availability of a reliable/robust network transport infrastructure that provides data protection for information delivered across strategic, operational, and tactical boundaries.
The candidate will be responsible for providing operational & technical support for the network transport infrastructure to include, but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, satellite network equipment, encryption devices, virtual network devices and appliances that are used for network implementations that involve enhancements and modifications to the network transport infrastructure and new IT services or modifications of existing services for all network transport enclaves.
- Providing operational & technical support for a large network transport infrastructure to include, but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, satellite network equipment, encryption devices, virtual network devices and appliances that are used for network implementations that involve enhancements and modifications to the network transport infrastructure
- Provide Tier 3 Network engineering expertise for support of layer 2 and layer 3 network devices to include Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and optical network nodes preparation, installation, and configuration of network equipment (such as routers and switches) and related software, primarily in Cisco-based environment.
- Introduce changes and/or new architecture to the operational environment on both unclassified and classified networks. Tasks include preparation, installation, and configuration of network equipment (such as routers and switches) and related software, primarily in a Cisco-based environment.
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting to resolve network issues.
- Direct the technical integration initiatives of a team of network engineers responsible for router, switches, optical networking, firewalls, load balancing in virtual and Cloud environments.
- Plan the implementation of network transport solutions with a focus on defining the technical specifications of the plans. Provide technical consultation to project management teams responsible for the implementation of plans developed.
- Provide technical network engineering expertise to integrate native cloud infrastructure with IC Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) capabilities (including contract cloud services), and the delivery and management of Government-specific IaaS to users to provision processing, storage, networks.
- Develop and contribute network engineering change input for new architecture to the operational environment on both unclassified and classified networks. Tasks include developing network designs and diagrams for the configuration of network equipment (such as routers and switches) and related software.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of technical documents including requirements analyses, design documents, manuals, fielding documents, and preparing contract deliverables and reports; assisting in preparation of presentation graphics.
- Oversee the designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining of applications, tools, services, and other software to improve business and mission capabilities and improve application effectiveness.
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field and 9 year’s equivalent experience or subject matter expertise in network engineering; High School and 12 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- Network certifications such as: CCNA CCNP
- Cisco and Juniper Network Transport Routers and Switches and Identity Service Engine (ISE) appliances
- Ability to perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong people and partnering skills
- Ability to solve complex system level engineering problems
- 9+ years of relevant information technology/telecom network experience in classified and unclassified DoD and/or Intelligence Community environments
- Knowledge of Network Firewalls, Type 1 encryptors, WAN optimization devices, Load Balancers, HP, TACLANES, Remedy ITSM technologies, and VMWare
- CCIE, JNCIE
- Knowledge of Agile management practices
- Experience supporting a large enterprise environment