Clearance Level: Secret
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Education: High School
Location: Lackland Air Force Base - San Antonio, TX US (Primary)
Travel: 0 - 10%
We are seeking an Application Programmer to support a large Air Force IT enterprise Cyber Weapons System Program.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Works on developing applications from specifications drawn up by software developers or other individuals.
- Writes, analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes, updates, and maintains computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Consults with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- May assist software developers by analyzing user needs and designing software solutions.
- May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- ACTIVE Secret
- Operating Systems: RedHat 6/7/8, Linux, Windows
- GIT Experience
- Experience with Containerization and Scripting Languages/Technologies including Ansible, Kubernetes, Python 3, Helm, Docker, Bash
- Experience with Databases: Apache, MongoDB, Elastic, SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with TCP/IP Networking
- Familiarization with BitBucker, Jira, Confluence, SonarCube, Jenkins, Nexus,
- Familiarization with Network Security Monitoring tools such as Bro/Zeek, Suricata, Moloch
- Familiarization with Kafka, Filebeat, Metricbeat, Winlogbeat and other data handling software