Clearance Level: Active Top Secret (MANDATORY)
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: No Travel
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
AMS Technologies is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Network Engineer. This person will be focused on network monitoring in a Cisco environment. This is an excellent hands-on opportunity in Network Engineering while working with firewalls, routers, switches and load balancers.
The Network Engineer will handle O&M support and network engineering functions within the customer environment. Will be responsible for supporting the operational integrity of the environment (Tier 2/3 support).
- Configure routers, switches, and firewalls (i.e. reverse telnet, upgrading IOS)
- Providing O&M support and network engineering functions within the customer environment.
- Supporting the operational integrity of the environment (Tier 2/3 support)
- Troubleshooting, repairing network, and system failures
- Conducting research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain up to date on developments in the networking industry
- Evaluating network performance, identify bottlenecks, and find ways of improvement, to ensure long-term efficiency of the network
- At least 3 years of Network Engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of routing, switching, and firewall skills
- Mature troubleshooting ability
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified