Network Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Clearance Level: DoD Top Secret
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: No Travel
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
We are immediately seeking a Network Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join us in the effort! You will support mission-critical functions for our customer; a world-wide recognized organization responsible for law enforcement and intelligence efforts.
Some of the benefits this position provides include:
Essential Job Functions:
- Working with the U.S. Intelligence Community to support and improve systems critical to national security and public safety
- Supporting large-scale Wide Area Network (WAN) consolidation and optimization initiatives in a dynamic environment, providing a unique career experience
- Tackling unique challenges not typically found in the private sector.
- Directly support a government customer to perform circuit/network performance analysis, modeling, and simulation, ultimately leading to performance improvement recommendations.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support for an existing Riverbed product suite across multiple network enclaves.
- Supplement Tier IV Support by narrowing latency/performance issues to either the network, applications or server problems in the determination of root cause.
Desired Additional Skills and/or Certifications:
- Active Top Secret Clearance and will be required to pass a CI Poly. Must hold and maintain a Top Secret, Sensitive, Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- 7+ years' experience providing the following capabilities leveraging the Riverbed SteelCentral, including legacy OpNet products:
- End-user experience monitoring (Aternity)
- Application performance management
- Network performance management
- WAN optimization
- Conversant in other basic network engineering and circuit’s analysis and management tools, including legacy OpNet products
- Ability to synthesize input/data and quickly develop customer deliverables
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Effective verbal and written communications, including preparing and delivering presentations and artifacts to customer management
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor and a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and initiatives
- Must be flexible and creative to continuously re-prioritize and focus on driving customer results through value-added solutions
- CCNA and/or Riverbed Certification highly desired
- 5+ Years Steelhead experience
- Experience working in a large, enterprise environment